Search our site
Family advice lawyers
If you're a parent with a low income and going through a separation or divorce, you may be eligible for up to three hours of free legal advice from a family advice lawyer. You may be able to get help even if you don't qualify for a legal aid lawyer.
Family advice lawyers can provide advice about:
- parenting time or contact / access,
- guardianship / custody,
- child support,
- property division (limited advice),
- tentative settlement agreements, and
- court procedures.
If your income is higher than our financial guideline limits for legal advice services, you may still receive:
- up to one hour of advice from a family advice lawyer if you are in mediation and have received a referral through the family justice counsellors.
Where can I find family advice lawyers?
Family advice lawyers are available at the following locations.
- Family Justice Centres in:
- New Westminster,
- Prince George, and
- Justice Access Centres in:
Get more information
For more information about this service, call Service BC and ask to be connected to the appropriate office.
|Vancouver||Victoria||Outside Vancouver and Victoria|