Search our site
Family advice lawyers
If you're a parent with a low income and going through a separation or divorce, you may be eligible for up to three hours of free legal advice from a family advice lawyer.
You may be able to get help even if you don't qualify for a legal aid lawyer. (See Do I qualify?)
Family advice lawyers can provide advice about:
- parenting time or contact / access,
- guardianship / custody,
- child support,
- property division (limited advice),
- tentative settlement agreements, and
- court procedures.
Where can I find family advice lawyers?
These lawyers are available at:
- the Vancouver Justice Access Centre,
- the Nanaimo Justice Access Centre,
- the Family Justice Centre in Kelowna,
- the New Westminster Family Justice Centre, and
- at courthouses in:
- Prince George,
- Surrey, and
Get more information
For more information about this service, call Service BC and ask to be connected to the appropriate office.
|Vancouver||Victoria||Outside Vancouver and Victoria|