How to Apply for Welfare
This booklet explains the application process to get welfare, including:
- your rights to apply and get welfare;
- how you qualify;
- your financial eligibility;
- how to apply by phone, in person, or online;
- how to apply for disability assistance, and
- how to appeal a ministry decision.
It also includes a list of who can help if you have a problem getting welfare, and a checklist to help you keep records.
How to Apply for Welfare is the first publication in the new series Your Welfare Rights.
It replaces the booklet Your Welfare Rights: A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance.